Be uFx Studios’ New Design and Video Intern
A design and video internship at uFx means you’ll be creating images, contributing to the overall style of our editorial design, and helping to create new video content for posts. Because this is a new role at uFx, the work may grow and change as we move along. You’ll have the opportunity to help us make uFx look great and learn a lot about communicating through design and video on the web.
What You’ll Need
- To reside in the US and be at least 18 years old. (It’s better if you’re in the Los Angeles area so you can help with occasional local projets, but it’s not necessary.)
- Your own computer.
- Good design skills and the ability to iterate quickly.
- Strong Photoshop skills (and a copy of the software).
- Strong video editing skills, preferably in Final Cut (because that’s what we use—but whatever you have is okay, too).
- A good work ethic and the ability to think creatively..
- The ability to listen and follow directions, and also come up with your own ideas and contribute.
- At least 10 hours per week.
For Bonus Points
- Motion graphics skills.
- A talent for illustration.
- Video production abilities.
This internship is foremost a learning opportunity, but also an opportunity to hone your creative skill set. You will be designing imagery for posts and creating/editing videos on a regular basis. You’ll need to be able to devote at least 10 hours per week during normal work hours (9 to 5, Eastern Time).
When creating images and video, sometimes you will execute an existing idea and sometimes you will be expected to come up with ideas of your own. Your input will be valued and much of the work you do will be fun and creative. If you approach the internship with a great attitude for learning and enthusiasm for the experience, you’ll find that it’s one of the best ways to understand how a blog works and how design and media play their roles. We’ll also explore new ideas together and find better ways to make uFx Studios great.
How to Apply
We get a lot of applications and rely on Gmail to help us keep things sorted, so it’s very important to follow these instructions so we don’t miss yours. Here’s what to do:
- Send an email to email@example.com with the subject uFx Design Intern.
- In the email, include 3-5 sentences about yourself. Being concise is important and makes for a much more effective email (plus we generally have a lot to read). In these 3-5 sentences, tell us why you think you’re a good fit, what interests you about the position, why you’re particularly awesome, and your day-to-day availability.
- Include a link to your portfolio(s) in the email, or a few links to samples of your work.
- No attachments and no resumes, please.
We get a lot of emails, so unfortunately we can’t reply to everyone. If we do contact you, it may not be immediately so please be patient. If you don’t hear from us, feel free to give it another shot the next time around. Thanks, and good luck! Oh and liking us on Facebook and following on Twitter might help your chances.